Damned Lies updated to new layout

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 23:48 - GNOME

I have been working with Olav Vitters to update GNOME sites to the future www.gnome.org layout, which I already used for library.gnome.org and which he used for mango.

crash.gnome.org was the first one, quickly followed by mail.gnome.org and svn.gnome.org.

And this evening, thanks to assistance and fixes by Claude Paroz, Damned Lies got updated.

2007-10-11 update: forgot about crash.gnome.org

Last Modification: Thursday, October 11, 2007 14:31

Yay! You rock!

Comment by Andreas Nilsson on October 11, 2007 15:15

It would be nice to call that "Translation Statistics" rather than "Damned Lies". At the least, it probably needs a sub-title, making that clear.

Comment by Murray Cumming on October 11, 2007 16:56

Cool, thanks for doing this. However, I have a few problems with the layout as is.

Eg. the "Translates: Ido" line is in the same line as disclaimer on http://l10n.gnome.org/people/mterry (maybe a missing "clear: both;" in CSS?).

And, "GNOME Subversion source code repository" overlaps the tabs on http://svn.gnome.org/ (granted, I am short-sighted so my fonts are probably bigger, but this works fine for l10n.gnome.org).

@Murray: indeed, we could use with some de-branding of damned-lies installation on l10n.gnome.org, though, there's a lot more than translation statistics out there (we also have a list of projects/maintainers [albeit incomplete], and many other useful pointers).

Comment by Данило on October 11, 2007 18:24

I like this layout! Very excited to see how the front page turns out :)

There is a strange inconsistency with the banner on library.gnome.org, though, with Epiphany (Mozilla Gecko engine). Fonts seem slightly larger and, err, squishier. If you tab between it and another one, the difference becomes clear.

The title on the subversion page, with the small icon and very little padding around the main text, looks inconistent with the other (more spaced out) titles.

The tabs in crash.gnome.org do not change to reflect being open.

Comment by Dylan McCall on October 11, 2007 19:11

Answers to most things:

http://l10n.gnome.org/people/mterry : this is being fixed (reported as http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=485797)

about "Damned Lies" title, I'll ping Danilo about this.

I don't see any differences between library and l10n.

svn.gnome.org has a smaller banner to please developers that see all this decoration as useless; I'd prefer it to be consistent.

crash.gnome.org has its template engine that I didn't know, so I went the easy way. I hope to revisit that later.

Comment by Frédéric Péters on October 11, 2007 19:40

Hehe, Frédéric, Данило is Danilo in Cyrillic :) So, see my response to Murray about not using "Damned Lies" name.

Ideally, I'd put the 'title' into defaults.py instead.

Comment by Данило on October 12, 2007 12:21